According to Doctor Mercola, Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are often used to treat heartburn, but do far more harm than good. Acid reflux is usually the result of having too little acid in your stomach. He offers some remedies in the video such as:
1. Improve the acid content by taking 1 tablespoon of raw organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a large glass of water.
2. Eat unprocessed foods as processed foods and foods with added sugars will make acid reflux worse.
3. Avoid lectin-containing foods such as wheat, beans, peanuts, eggplants, and potatoes.
4. Give your gut healthy bacteria from fermented foods.
5. Eat papaya fruit. It contains papain, an enzyme that helps to break down protein and carbs.
6. Bromelain helps with digestion and ins found in pineapple.
7. One-half cup of aloe vera juice may help with symptoms of acid reflux.
8. Mercola also recommends that if you are in a lot of pain try baking soda in a 8 oz glass of water for acid reflux. It should only be used in emergencies.